Sunday, June 28, 2015

Practicing Turkish with “Ezel”

Türkçe haziranı - Turkish June has been a perfect opportunity to try a new thing in learning Turkish. Although I watch sometimes Turkish TV, in particular TRT Türk which is available here in Poland via satellite, in my opinion it's very boring. I was looking for something else - more entertaining. I found a solution on You Tube. Yes, I know, it’s nothing new under the sun. The thing is I barely used You Tube this way. I can’t explain why, but I just didn’t. Now it’s changed. The first Turkish movie I watch in original (OK, I admit, with Polish subtitles) is “Ezel”.


“Ezel” is a TV series, which was aired in Turkey from 2009 until 2011. Two seasons were made - 71 episodes in all. It gained a considerably large fan base in Turkey.


As I just begun to watch it, I don’t know all the plot, and even if I knew it, I would tell it here. So just in short: Ömer was betrayed by his trusted friends and the woman he loved, Eyşan. He went to prison for a robbery and murder he didn't commit. He swore vengeance. He return under the name of Ezel, and after plastic suregery so none of his old friends recognizes him. That’s what the movie is about. It’s a love story, crime story and thriller in one.


As for now I quite like it. And that’s the most important thing in language learning and/or practicing: that you like what you do.

Share:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment