Sunday, December 1, 2013

Languages - progress: November 2013

Arabic (MSA) continues to be my priority. I tried to do something about his language every day, be it reading, learning vocabulary, studying grammatical issues or watching TV. Second and third place hold Hindi and Turkish which reflects my attraction to eastern languages. I’m glad I continue to keep up with my language studies inspite of starting new postgraduate studies in technologies of electronic information processing.


Time spent

  • Total: 82h40
  • عربي (Arabic MSA): 38h20
  • Hindi: 12h50
  • Türkçe: 10h30
  • Français: 9h50
  • Italiano: 6h30
  • Português: 4h40

Remarks

 عربي (Arabic MSA) 
DLI Course: lessons 51-56, reading, grammar, vocabulary, audio drills, written exercises - you can find them under "Arabic" tag
Hangout: practicing speaking, listening comprehension, reading and writing
TV: AlJazeera in Arabic - I watched it in small chunks several times, I’m very glad I can pick up more and more words

Français
“Język francuski dla zaawansowanych” (“French for advances learners”): lessons 14-17
Hangout: practice
TV: France 24 - I watched news programs

Hindi
Pimsleur course - I reviewed units 1-14
Colloquial Hindi - units 1-5

Italiano
“Better Reading Italian” - two more chapters done to enrich vocabulary
Hangout: practice
TV: Rai News 24 - watching

Português
Gramática activa - units 38-40, written exercises
TV: RTP Internacional - watching
Unfortunately no hangouts, partly because less of them were organized, partly because I started new postgraduate studies and had less time during weekends.

Türkçe
FSI Course: units 11-22 review, audio, reading, grammar
“Colloquial Turkish”: reviewing relative sentences
TV: TRT Türk

Apart from that:
I spent hours browsing Internet sites in several languages
I wrote several entries in English for my blogs
I finished reading “La ciudad y los perros” by Mario Vargas Llosa (of course in Spanish) - you can read about it here (in Spanish).
I started to read a very interesting book “I Am Malala” by Malala Yousafzai with the help of Christina Lamb (in English)

This text is available also in Polish
Share:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment