Friday, November 1, 2013

Languages - progress: October 2013

October was another month when Arabic (MSA) continued to be my priority. I entered next stage in my studies. Every week I try to build some basic sentences using vocabulary I’ve learned. More below. I spent much less time on other languages though. I guess I just had enough of them during previous weeks so I needed sort of break.

Time spent

  • Total: 57h20
  • عربي (Arabic MSA): 37h40
  • Français: 5h20
  • Italiano: 4h20
  • Türkçe: 4h10
  • Português: 3h50
  • Hindi: 2h00

Remarks

 عربي (Arabic MSA) 
DLI Course: lessons 48-50, reading, grammar, vocabulary, audio drills, written exercises; apart from that I reviewed lessons 9-47
Hangout: practicing speaking, listening comprehension, reading and writing
TV: AlJazeera in Arabic - I watched it in small chunks several times
I started Volume VII of the DLI course. There’s still much to learn before I’ll be able to hold a longer conversation, but I think I’m heading in the right direction.
I started to do written exercises - you can read them here and here
I’m lucky to have a help from native speakers, Yusuf and Anas from Morocco, my friends on Google+

Français
Hangout: practice
“Język francuski dla zaawansowanych” (“French for advances learners”): lessons 11-14

Hindi
Pimsleur course - units 27-30

Italiano
TV: Rai News 24 - watching
Hangout: practice
“Better Reading Italian” - enriching vocabulary
I haven’t kept the promise given to myself to spend more time on Italian in October :(

Português
Hangout” practice
TV: RTP Internacional - watching

Türkçe
FSI Course: units 35-38, audio, reading, grammar
“Colloquial Turkish”: reviewing some grammatical issues

Apart from that:
I spent hours browsing Internet sites in several languages
I wrote several entries in English for my blogs
I began to read “La ciudad y los perros” by Mario Vargas Llosa (of course in Spanish)

This text is available also in Polish

Share:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment