Monday, September 2, 2013

Languages - progress: August 2013

Arabic was again my priority in August. I spent much less time on other languages, except for Turkish. The latter will be my second priority in September. My aim: to do something with these two every day, even picking up several new words. In August, similarly as in July, I watched less TV and studied more.

Time spent

  • Total: 67h50
  • عربي (Arabic MSA): 32h10
  • Türkçe: 15h10
  • Português: 12h00
  • Français: 5h20
  • Hindi: 2h10
  • Italiano: 1h00

Remarks

 عربي (Arabic MSA) 
DLI Course - lessons 31-39, reading, grammar, vocabulary, audio drills
Hangout - practicing speaking, listening comprehension, reading and writing
TV: AlJazeera in Arabic
Now I’m at the end of the fourth module of the DLI course. I finally learned some present tense forms. I hope I will soon be able to built some simple sentences in the present tense.
I also watched a bit AlJazeera in Arabic to get accustomed to the language and trying to pick up some words.

Français
Hangouts - practice
“Język francuski dla zaawansowanych” (“French for advanced learners”) - lessons 7-10
TV: France 24, news programs

Hindi
Pimsleur course - units 11-13
Rather browsing up to refresh some basic sentences than real studies.

Italiano
TV: Rai News 24 - watching
As can be seen in August I took a little break from Italian.

Português
Hangouts - practice
TV: RTP Internacional - watching
“Gramática activa¨ - units 32-33
“Conversas de manhã e de tarde” - reading (a short post about this book - here)
Not much done. I think I just needed a short break after intensive studies in the previous months.

Türkçe
FSI Course - units 22-29, reading + grammar + audio
TV: TRT Türk - watching
Hangout - practice
Drilling stuctures covered in the FSI course. I promise myself to focus more on Turkish in September.

Apart from this, I translated into Spanish the posts about my travel experiences to Egypt last December. Now they can be read in English, Polish and Spanish

This text is also available in Polish

Share:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment