Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Keeping track of my studies

I've been asked lately why I count all the hours I spend on my language studies. The answer is simple: it helps me concentrate on what I've already done. In my private calendar I note everything I do: studying grammatical rules, reading, listening, watching, speaking etc. Thanks to that I know if I did what I had planned and if I really focused on the things I wanted. And... how much effort it's taken to get me where I am.

Counting the hours may look pretty impressive in the reports, that's true, but it can't be done just for itself, it should, and in my case it is, a way to help me to stay focused on what I want to do. I not only count the hours but also note what I did, what lessons, what kind of activity: listening, reading, studying grammar etc.
Another important factor is to check what's been done against what's been planned. And sincerely speaking that's the clue.

I know I'm not the only one doing this. There are many other language learners who keep track of their studies. Their motivation is the same: to stay focused and motivated.

Do you keep track of your studies?
Share:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment