Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Habari gani? Back to Swahili

This is my second attempt to Swahili and I hope this one will be more successful than the previous, from about a year ago. As I then wrote I would like to learn at least one language spoken on every continent. Swahili was my first choice from Africa. I am aware that Arabic is also spoken on this continent, but it was my second choice.

First step was to review some basics I studied a year ago. Today I went through first ten lessons. Some things are easier to recall, others are more difficult. We’ll see how it’ll work out. At present I try not to think about the difficulties connected with pronouns, verb structures and noun groups. I hope this time I’ll have more determination in learning them. My basic books are “Foreign Language Institute - Swahili Basic Course” and Colloquial Swahili. I wrote many times that I regarded FSI course as very excellent. What’s more important they’re accompanied by plenty of audio material which can’t be overestimated.

Fingers crossed! I’ll be posting here updates on my progress.
Share:

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment